1. Chew your food thoroughly. Follow that old adage "chew your liquids and drink your solids." This means mix the liquids with your saliva and chew your food until it is liquefied.
2. Do not drink liquids (including water, and especially all soft drinks) with meals.
3. Eat only when hungry.
4. Try to distinguish between being hungry or thirsty. Many times people think they are hungry when instead they are really thirsty--dehydrated.
5. Eat 5 or 6 small meals per day. A meal can be a cup of soup, a piece of fruit, a handful of seeds, or a protein smoothie. (avoid fruit smoothies)
6. Avoid eating after 7 PM - the human body follows a natural cyclic rhythm. Each organ has its optimum functioning period and its lowest functioning period. The stomach functions optimally in the morning between 7-9 AM and minimally weakest between 7-9PM.
7. Sit down at a table when you are eating.
8. Enjoy food and taste each bite as you swallow the food.
9. Place your table utensils down between each bite.
10. Eat foods that are low in carbohydrates including vegetables and fruits. Try leafy vegetables instead of starchy. For exanple: Have string beans instead of corn or peas. The same applies to fruit. Try granny smith apples instead of bananas.
11. You use more calories chewing a stalk of celery than it actually contains.
12. If you want to lose weight, exercise before dinner - it will curb your appetite.
13. If you want to gain lean muscle, exercise after eating--you will burn ingested carbohydrates and prevent them from storing.
14. Buy an inexpensive pedometer and keep track of the number of steps you take during the day. Keep the number to 5000 and above if you want to maintain your weight.
15. Increase the number of steps to 10000 or above if you desire to lose weight.
16. Use your body weight for great results without spending money on gym membership by doing the following at home:
*Leaning against the wall and pushing your body away (increase the distance from the wall to make it more strenuous.)
*Lay on the floor with your knees bent and push your body away from the wall
*Purchase a door bar and lift your body up ( pull-ups) *If you are flexible you may do squats, and floor stretches; if you are not flexible, follow advice of a personal trainer or a reliable video.
*These exercises will help you reshape your body, and strengthen your bones.
17. Avoid low calorie diet plans; instead increase your activity. A diet of less than 1200 calories for an adult will reduce your metabolism; this will lead to increase in weight when you resume normal eating.
18. It makes a HUGE difference where your calories come from. 60 calories from an apple are very different than 60 calories from sugar cookies, chips or pretzels.
19. Avoid food and eating when stressed out; instead drink water. If possible go for a walk, put on relaxing music, call a friend, or watch a comedy movie.
20. Practice awareness when eating-if you find yourself searching for food as a distraction, take a glass of water or herbal tea instead.
21. Drink at least 1/2 your weight in ounces of water each day. Add drops of Double Helix water to distilled water, the fastest way to dehydrate your cells.
22. Use only natural oil-based salad dressings on your salad--avoid fat free salad dressings. Omega-3 rich flax oil and organic unfiltered apple cider vinegar are your best choices.
23. If you need to drink sodas, avoid diet soda - diet soda will keep you craving sweets and will contribute to diabetes later in your life. Manufactures of soda add salt to the beverage in addition to sugar and caffeine to increase your thirst and keep you drinking more soda.
24. Include good fats into your diet - coconut oil is excellent for those with Hypothyroidism (under-active thyroid), those who are trying to lose weight or those who have dry skin. Other choices of good fats are: wild fish, raw dairy products, omega -3 rich flax seed oil, seeds and nuts, and grass-raised beef or poultry.
25. Cut back on simple carbohydrates - white flour products, breads, cookies, pretzels, candy. Instead use sprouted breads such as Ezekiel bread or crackers made with no flour -- for example, Blue Diamond nut crackers. You can now buy sprouted flour in natural food stores.
26. Add coconut oil into your daily eating plan. It is recommended to add as much as 1 Tablespoon of coconut oil for each 50 pounds (25Kg) of body weight.
27. Annual Gallbladder and Liver flush will help you maintain healthy body composition and range and keep your hormones balanced.
28. Fasting at least one day per week is very beneficial to maintain healthy weight and digestive system.
29. Dandelion tea is a very mild diuretic and blood builder. It will energize you and eliminate excess water. It is wonderful especially during the week before your cycle to reduce excess water retention, sweet cravings and irritability.
30. Exercising after a meal will burn off more fat then exercising before a meal.
31. Best exercise is the one you will stick with and develop it into a habit.
32. It takes 12 weeks to develop a new habit, make a commitment to stick with the changes for at least 12 weeks.
33. 100 grams of green lettuce has more protein then 100 grams of beets
34. Use smaller size plates to reduce the portions.
35. Order smaller beverages when in restaurants.
36. Order larger salad when in restaurant and eat it before a meal. Use only oil and vinegar or oil and lemon juice instead of prepared salad dressings.
37. Have your family enjoy time at the dinner table with soothing music instead of watching news or horrors movies.
38. If you ever experience bloating, gas or indigestion and especially if you desire to shed a few pounds take digestive enzymes with your meals.
39. If you have ever taken anti-acids STOP, instead take a probiotic before meals and complete digestive enzymes with meals.
40. Choose seeds, nuts, or fresh fruit as snacks. AVOID sugary, sticky foods including granola bars.
41. Mix one level teaspoon of chia seeds into 16 oz. (500ml) of water and let sit overnight. Drink some before each meal. Chia seed supplies high amounts of Omega-3 essential fatty acids and fills you up resulting in less food.
42. Each night before bedtime mix one tablespoon of organic extra virgin olive oil with one Tablespoon fresh lemon juice and drink it. This will reduce your hunger in the morning, stabilize your blood sugar during the day, and help your gallbladder function more effienciently.